Get Alerted When I Post with Google Reader!

Cross Promotion!

Scott has been my partner-in-crime for traveling. You will find complementary info on his blog, youtube channel, and especially, photo album.

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Passover in Hyderabad

Yesterday was the first 'day' of Passover, so I cobbled together a Seder lunch for my co-workers. There was a great turnout in number and interest. We told the story and then broke for an engaging lunch where we talked about the differences between our religions and the Jews of India.



I was shocked to be able to construct a convincing Seder plate and pseudo-matzo on short notice using only cafeteria food. I used papad in place of matzo and cabbage fry in place of charoset because their consistencies were similar to the real thing. While the roasted egg was hard-boiled, the 'pickle' was quite bitter, and the lettuce, shankbone, and potato were spot on!



Admittedly, I was a bit disappointed to have not found a Jewish community in Hyderabad for the past months or share a meal or holiday with an Indian Jewish family.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fine idea. A 'Chag Sameach' to all your seder attendees!!!!

Unknown said...

What a fine idea. A 'Chag Sameach' to all your seder attendees!!!!

Haplo said...

You're a great Jew, Greg

i designed said...

our family is also jewish ... but we r from guntur